A good research needs to be accompanied by excellent and effective writing. An effective writing must be free of errors and spelling mistakes and should be structured in an appropriate manner. Therefore, editingÂ and proofreading are very significant processes in research. The research cannot be considered to be completed unless proper editing and proofreading of the research paperÂ are carried out.
- A researcher must ensure that there is no ambiguity in the research and must make sure that the documented work is complete and concise. Irrelevant and lengthy sentences must be avoided.
- The researcher must ensure that his writing is reliable and steady. In order to maintain consistency, he should not diverge from the accepted style.
- The researcher must ensure that sentences are not in a clutter and see to it that his point is conveyed in a proper manner. Clarity is very must important in order to bring out effective and rational results.
- The Summary, Introduction, Methodology, Discussion, Conclusion should have appropriate structure, which is very crucial in editing and proofreading.
- Apart from ensuring that the research work is free of flaws and mistakes, the research also needs to make it sure that the content is logical and relevant to the research.
Students and researchers always make the mistake of doing editing and proofreading at the last minute before the submission of the research. If they are unable to proceed with the work due to time constraint, they seek out an editor in a hasty manner. There is nothing wrong in seeking an editor but seeking a professional editor is always better.